Tuesday, March 11, 2008

No More Excuses

I have been a nonsmoker for 3 months and 1 week. It sure seems like it should be longer than that though - a good thing, I'm sure. I really don't keep track much anymore. The only reason I knew I had passed the 3 month mark is because the little ticker over there to the left told me so. I'm down to taking just one Chantix pill in the morning and am ready to go off. I still can't remember to take the darn things and I'm tired of the headaches, nausea, moodiness and being tired. It's time to get back to being myself again.

So now with 3 months under my belt, it's time to stop making excuses for gaining weight and not taking care of myself. I've put on 15 pounds (and trust me, I didn't need it to begin with) since I quit smoking. It's been forever since my last visit to the darn gym. Between sick kids, school carnivals, time changes and being sick myself, it's time to go back. Body Step tomorrow morning at 9am. No excuses.

To give myself a little jump start and some motivation, I dragged out the stack of Weight Watchers books from the back of my kitchen cabinet, dusted them off and recorded my points for today. I've been watching what I've been eating today and was pretty excited to see how I was doing. Apparently, not so well. I have 3 points left for dinner. Not good.

17 comments:

Author said...

Good for you! I hit that point a while ago, and then didn't do anything about it :-). I need to step up too. Best of luck with you, and hopefully we can keep each other motivated.

Hey! We never did come up with a weekly fitness theme, did we? Like, "Wednesday Workout Log" or something to that effect? If we hold ourselves accountable to all the other bloggers, it might help! Kinda like blogging about our quit made it harder to cave...

maggie said...

Yah, I can relate. About 20 pounds. I've never in my life actually tried to lose pounds, other than in the past when I would just take up smoking again (dumb), so I'm kind of scared. I'm hoping that now that some things are different (the "apartness"), I'll be able to eat more healthily more often and that it will make the difference. We'll see. So far, I keep gaining and losing the same one pound the past several days...

Mz Diva said...

I have also gained weight...but I am ready to start eating healthier. I agree....we need a weekday set aside for fitness/exercise to blog. How about slim-down Sunday? LOL
Peace,
Diva

lynda w said...

Ooh, I like Slim-down Sunday. Only I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather weigh in on a nonweekend day. How about Tuesdays? Can we come up with a name for Tuesdays? That way it's not Monday, but we don't have all week to procrastinate.

lynda w said...

Ha. Tip The Scales Tuesday. Tip them over so you can't see the number. I'm not so good at this. Ha.

lynda w said...

Tubby Tuesdays? I swear I'm not drinking over here.

Author said...

Haha. Very interesting names :-) I'd like to be more than scales, though ... I don't really focus on weight, I focus on fitness & proper diet. I feel like getting hung up on weight puts a damper on one's resolve to become healthier.

Author said...

"Trim Up" Tuesday?

Author said...

Ya, I'm bad at this too :-)

Author said...

Okay ... you guys decide on a name, and I'll come up with something for it by next Tuesday. Agreed?

Anonymous said...

Hey, as a Weight Watcher expert here, remember you still have 35 flex points to work with and if you exercise you get to eat exercise points too. Now you will be an exercising fool!

And contrats on staying smoke free. I'm proud of you!

lynda w said...

Awesome! I forgot about the flex points. One hour of Body Step or Body Attack usually earn me lots of extra points, too.

I like "Trim Up" Tuesday, but I'll keep thinking, just in case the genius in me comes out. I agree that it should be more about getting healthy than weight loss since "healthy" covers it all.

lynda w said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh. "Tighter Tushy Tuesday" Ha.

Author said...

I'll blog about it tomorrow and put the name up to a vote!

Author said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Author said...

Okay, I posted the blog and the poll. Come by and cast your vote!

MamaFlo said...

You quit smoking and I have no doubt you can loose the weight too.
YOU are a shining example of willpower!