Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Someone Finally Heard My Prayers

It is a beautiful 56 degrees and sunny outside right now. I can't wait for my kids to get home from school and for Chloe to get up from her nap so we can head on outside until the sun goes down. (I guess I'll have to feed everyone at some point, though.)

I forced (no exaggeration there) myself to go to Body Step at the gym this morning. It was 60 minutes of pure evil torture. OK, it wasn't that bad, but by the end of the class I was in a world of hurt. I never thought I'd see the day that I did classes like this. Two years ago my friend (hi, Em!) joined and somehow managed to talk my stuck in a treadmill and elliptical routine butt into going to one of these classes. Now I'm hooked. There's no way I could go and work out for an hour on one of those machines and not drop dead from boredom. So, now I'm back to going and hopefully won't start slacking off after two weeks again.

I came home and had a banana to tide me over until lunch, which consisted of 2 chicken ceasar wraps with grated parmesan cheese - oh so yummy and only 8 points. Yummy, but not all that filling. I'm now eating Girl Scout Lemonades straight from the box from the freezer where I thought they'd be safe. Hm, who knew they were so good frozen?! I am in so much trouble here. Thank, God the box isn't full!

3 comments:

Tasina said...

Ugh...I really need to get motivated. I just...don't....WANT TO!!! :)

lynda w said...

I don't want to, either. I keep tetering on the edge and am hoping it sticks. The exercise I can make myself do, but it makes me more hungry.

maggie said...

Yay for some warmer weather. I love that. A cookie or two is almost essential to a well balanced mental state. I think it's the third or eighth one that usually gets me... ;)