Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring Preview

As soon as the kids got home from school today, we headed outdoors to enjoy the warmer weather. While it reached 56 degrees today, it was still a little on the cold side.
Ryan and his friend that comes over after school played a game of baseball.
Both of them impressed me with how well they were hitting each other's pitches.
Both Ryan and his friend are moving up to machine pitch baseball this year, so this is very promising to see.


Ryan slams one out of the backyard.

Running to second base.

This kid is ready to learn how to slide!

Quick "cheese" for mom.

Chloe was happy to get outside for awhile, too.

She is determined to graduate to the big girl swing.

After Ryan's friend got picked, Ryan and I took Chloe and the dog for a walk.

Camera oops.

I tried to get a picture of Ryan and Chloe walking, but the dog had other ideas. Every time Ryan would get ahead of Chloe, she would run with her arms out, trying to catch up with him, yelling "Eye-an!"

After dinner Ryan really wanted to see if any of his friends were out playing so we went for another (much longer) walk. No one was outside and now the sore muscles are really kicking in. I may have overdone it today, but I really needed that second walk after taking a second helping of spaghetti tonight.

Is it bedtime yet? It's all hitting me now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Hope the good weather holds out another few days.

Author said...

It was 70 degrees here yesterday! I couldn't believe it. Glad you guys got a chance to enjoy it.

MamaFlo said...

I know what kind of Grandma you'd be Lynda!
Don't you just love being a Mom - I miss my kids being young so much everyday. They are wonderful upstanding, independent adults but they were the worlds best children and really loved being their Mom. I know you are the same kind of woman. You'll be surrounded by Grand Babies someday and I'll still be blogging and cheering you on - I promise!