Monday, March 03, 2008

Tagged

Just when I was coming up blank on what to blog about today, Maggie came to the rescue.

THE RULES:

1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

  1. Take my diet coke away from me and it won't be pretty. I was able to give up the cigarettes, but my diet coke addiction is another thing.
  2. Everyone always comments on how organized I am and how clean my house is, but the truth is, I can be just as big of a slob as the next person. Open my closet and cabinet doors at your own risk.
  3. As much as I'd love to be, I am not the fun, playful parent. I am the one the kids come to when they are sad, hurt or angry. I am the one that makes sure their day to day life stays on course. This tends to happen during the school year when things get busy. Then summer comes and it's all about playtime. That's something I need to work on - the balancing act.
  4. My guilty pleasure is forgetting about the outside world and losing myself in a good book. There is nothing better and it's been too long.
  5. My favorite way to spend an evening during the summer is parked in my red Dick's Sporting Good's chair, watching my son play baseball or my daughter play softball with a large diet coke from McD's in my hand.
  6. I tend to be impulsive. I get an idea in my head and have to act on it immediately.
  7. My vocabulary digresses more and more every day. You don't want to know how long it took me to come up with the word "impulsive" in number 6. I know what word I'm trying to dig out of the cobwebs in my brain, but it takes forever for it to come to me. I get stuck and someone usually has to finish my thought for me. That tends to happen when your main conversations during the day are with a one year old. Hm, early stages of Alzheimer's?
  8. Ooh, ooh, ooh - I just thought of one more. I have an obsession with purses. With some it's shoes, but not me. I can't walk through a store and not look at the purses. Luckily, I'm happy with your average Kohls or Target brand or it could become a problem.

Now I'd like to tag Jamie, Teri and anyone else who wants to play!

2 comments:

Tasina said...

I'm not really the fun, playful parent either. I'm the organizer, bad guy, reader, and snuggler. It all works out I guess.

maggie said...

Love it! I have the same impulsive thing, too. Depending on the impulse, for me, this can be good or bad. Tonight I used my powers for good and did some serious cleaning. At lunch, however, I ate out of an evil fast food window because impulse led me there...

Thanks for playing!!