Friday, March 21, 2008

I Burned My Booty Today

Wow, that got your attention, didn't it now? More on that later...
*
This morning I left the house before anyone else was out of bed and did the 9am Body Step class with my friend, Teri. It was my fourth time doing the class after a lot of time slacking off. The first time I did the class, I barely got through it. This time? It was a totally different experience. I felt like I actually had some lift while I was doing all the moves. It was such a blast that I'm planning on going back and doing it again tomorrow morning.
*
Doesn't it look like it'd be a blast? This is one of the tracks we did. (I'm a You Tube addict.)



After the class I found out that I still had 3 tanning sessions left from when I bought a 10 tan package deal two summers ago. Yes, I know how bad it is for you, but I only go a few times in the Spring to get a base tan so I don't fry the first time I'm out in the sun. So I laid in a warm sunny state of bliss for 10 minutes. I'm now fried and my backside is as red as a tomato and I'm starting to itch like crazy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here I was thinking you were going to say you sat on a HOT curling iron! Private joke, hehe.

maggie said...

That does look like fun! Not enough to get me to a gym (I have issues), but it definitely does look like something I'd enjoy in a small group. You are all about the going and doing, and that's awesome. I love your motivation! I still haven't made it any further than just blowing up the ball thing...

Unknown said...

I tried a body step class a couple times and I was breathless. I need to get to my gym more often and try that again.

I'm scared to do the tanning thing.

lynda w said...

Mom - Did you forget how slow I am with jokes? I don't get it!

Maggie - I always thought I'd be too self conscious in group classes, but no one pays attention to what anyone else is doing because they are so busy trying to keep up themselves. That and I just laugh at myself when I mess up anyway.

Ashley - I thought I was going to die when I went back to the class for the first time in months. Today was my fourth time doing the class and it's getting a lot easier. I have found that I'm hitting my inhaler a lot more though.

lynda w said...

Whooops...sorry about that MamaFlo. My daughter reads my blog so I have to keep it at a PG-13 rating. :-)