Monday, March 10, 2008

Almost Celebrities

We were this close to being on the local news this evening at 5pm! Ryan's Tiger Scout Den had a field trip to our local news station and got to sit in and watch the 5pm broadcast. It was really neat to see how they go back and forth between the news anchors and the pretaped segments. If they had enough time, they were going to show us on air, but it didn't end up happening. Bummer. We did get recognized by the meteorologist, though! I also didn't realize it, but the screen behind Chuck Collins when he does the weather is nothing but a green wall. They add it in digitally. Definately a fun experience. I think the parents got more out of it than the boys did, though.

2 comments:

maggie said...

I've never understood the whole green screen thing. I mean, I've heard about it and seen it on tv, but to actually be there would be very cool. And I agree, probably even more so as an adult :)

Author said...

I'm sure I would have enjoyed it, but I doubt my kids would have gotten a whole lot out of the experience! Yeah, the weather people are fairly talented. I've never seen it done, but I always knew the images were superimposed onto the screen, and the weather people more or less used a mirror image of themselves to give the forecast. It always facinated me, and I want to see it done. Anyways, glad you liked it! And I hope you guys aren't coming down with the flu ...