Saturday, March 01, 2008

Spring Fever

I'm not sure what to do with myself. I've spent the last week getting my PTO binder in order, updating all of the paperwork in it and making sure it's ready to go for next year. There are only a few receipts left to come in and it's looking like our profit is going to be $14,600.00.

I could (and should) spend the day doing laundry and housework, but it's too hard to get serious work done around the house when everyone is home and sitting in front of the TV - makes you want to curl up and take a nap. The downstairs area that the girls spent the night in is a total mess. I should really do something about it, but am pretty much unmotivated at this point.

It's hard to snap back to normal daily life after being so consumed by RTH. There are a million things I need to do now that I've got the time, but I just can't seem to focus. I'm looking forward to Spring when we can get out of the house with the kids and have some fun. I'm getting sick of being cooped up in the house all the time.

I've got our zoo membership application on the counter and ready to be sent in. The Peoria Zoo is undergoing a major renovation right now and by Spring it's suppose to be completed. There is also a huge wooden park with mazes and tunnels next to the zoo that the kids love. Our membership will get us into any zoo all the way from St. Louis to Chicago and more for free. I'm thinking some road trips are going to be in order once the weather gets nice.

So, no more snow and ice. I'm done and over it. I want to see trees and plants bloom and come to life again. I'm ready for Volleyball matches and Baseball and Softball games. Bring me cool spring nights with friends, bonfires and Margaritas. Please, bring it soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you with wanting better weather. I was reading in the paper this morning that a new indoor water park opened up in Gurnee called KeyLime Cove Water Resort.

http://tiny.cc/Ds9mf

Tasina said...

The St. Louis Zoo is free. All you pay for there is a tiny fee for parking - like maybe $8 for a car. You do have to pay for some of the special exhibits inside, but those fees are tiny too. Basically, you can take a whole carload of people and see 95% of the zoo for under $10.

Jon and Em said...

Oh how I missed doing those cookies this year-ha! It was all of the different colored frosting that was "great fun".

It was nearly 70 degrees today. We played outside all day...rode scooters, bikes, used sidewalk chalk...even played a game of "horse" without you. We have our windows open right now at 7:00p.m., and guess what just popped up on the TV..."Flash Flood Warning" and "WINTER Storm Advisory". Gotta love the Midwest!

What are you going to do now that RTH & Ash's b-day party is over?

maggie said...

Ah, I'm ready for spring, too!

You've been tagged!