Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Zoo Trip

Yesterday afternoon the temperature broke 60 degrees so the kids and I headed over to Glen Oak Zoo for the afternoon. It's not a huge zoo, in fact it's pretty darn small and you can pretty much see everything in under an hour. That should change as they are doing some pretty massive upgrading. (I sure hope it's done in time for the regular season so that we didn't buy a family membership for nothing.) I'm now rethinking our decision to not renew our membership for Wild Life Prairie Park. I think we're probably going to end up doing it since the kids always have even more fun there.
*
Ryan was really into all the different animals. It was fun to see how excited he got, but nothing prepared us for the pure excitement that came from Chloe. She was all over the place, wanting to see it all.
*

At the zoo, they have a small building that houses a few aquarium tanks and some other things for kids to do. One of those things is a puppet show, which was Ryan's favorite part of the afternoon.
*

I have a new Top Ten List for David Letterman, though. It's titled Top Ten Ways To Drive Your Babysitter Insane. Number one? Send your child to the zoo with her in squeaky shoes. LoL. Seriously though, they're cute but I may have to burn them.
*

I've uploaded pictures from yesterday's trip to the zoo and also from Easter over at Flickr. Click here to see them. The easiest way to view a set over at Flickr is to click on the set and then click on "view as slide show". Enjoy.

4 comments:

maggie said...

Looks like fun! Hope it was.

lynda w said...

It was a lot of fun, but a lot of the animals were not out yet.

MamaFlo said...

I think anytime you can go for an outing with your children has enjoyable written all over it.

Wendy said...

We haven't been to either of these places for years. Can't wait to take my kiddos to a place that I always went to as a child:)