Monday, March 03, 2008

Ready To Check Out

It's been a long day and I'm ready to stop being "mom" for awhile. One kid is in bed - one still left to get there. The kids are I started dropping like flies last night and this morning.
*
Yesterday had turned out to the a beautiful day - 70 degrees - and the kids and I walked aroung the outdoor mall helping Ashley spend her birthday gift cards. The day flew by and we settled down together later last night to watch the first Indiana Jones movie. (Ryan's soon to be new obsession, I'm sure. He's already drooling over the new Lego's that are out.)
*
Towards the end of the movie it hit me like a ton of bricks. I was freezing cold at first, and then boiling hot with a headache fast approaching. I took my temperature while Bret put the kids to bed and found it was 101.5. I took some Advil and then headed off to bed where my body couldn't decide if it was warm or cold.
*
By 5am, Ryan was in our bed burning up with a fever, too. I got up and gave him Tylenol and then Bret and I spent the next hour and a half trying to convince him that it was still the middle of the night and he couldn't get up and play Webkinz on the computer. He did fall back asleep and was still out when I woke up at 10am, achy and just feeling yucky.
*
Ashley woke up soon after at 10:30am and was already starting on her fever and headache. At 11:30am I went in and started waking Ryan up so he'd be able to sleep tonight. There may be no hope for me in that department since I dozed on and off on the couch while he watched Star Wars movies this afternoon.
*
So yes, we all sat around today all lazy like and got absolutely nothing done. Chloe stayed home today and will be home again tomorrow so we can make sure we're not passing this stuff back and fourth. It just seems like we've been sick on and off since January. I'm over it already - I don't have time to be sick.
*
At least we got it all together this time, instead of taking turns over the next couple of weeks.
*
*Blogger is being a non double spacing brat again.

1 comment:

maggie said...

There is just so much icky going around right now! I hope you all get better and stay better - I'd be about tired of it, too. Ugh.