Friday, January 11, 2008

What? It's Friday? When Did That Happen?

What a week. I think I've been sitting at the computer for 3 days straight working on plans for this school carnival. We had our second meeting last night and ran into a glitch with our volunteer list and spent quite some time emailing back and forth with each other last night to come up with a solution. So I spent most of today making phone calls and sending out emails trying to get it all straightened out. I don't have much of a voice left. In fact, two phone calls ago I had to ask the mom if I could call her back because my voice was completely frogish like. Thank goodness it's Friday.

3 comments:

MamaFlo said...

See, you're accomplishing this without smoking!
CONGRATULATIONS!
Keep moving forward, if you can quit smoking, you can do anything at all and succeed!

lynda w said...

MamaFlo, you're right! I didn't even realize that. A few times today I thought about how I could really have used that break outside, but not enough to actually be tempted to go and do it. When I "read" you say that, I actually felt the lightbulb go off in my head and I smiled big.

If I can get through today, then this fundraiser should be a breeze. Did I mention it has a $14,000 profit expectation riding on my shoulders and I don't even get a free freaking raffle ticket for my time?

MamaFlo said...

What you are doing for the school is wonderful and you are passing on the volunteerism to your children.
The thanks comes in your perceptions - in doing this work you are active in your children's upbringing in yet another arena. You're a great Mom and strong roll model for your children!
Not smoking is yet one more accomplishment that you show your children - they learn by what they see and hear.
Really Lynda, you should be real proud of yourself.
CONGRATULATIONS on another day without a cigarette!!!