Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend Review

This weekend flew by way too fast. (Yikes! Please don't look too closely at my house. Chloe will be going down for a nap soon and it will be getting cleaned today. The weekends are not pretty here.)
Ryan is now brushing his own teeth. It's so nice at bedtime to be able to say, "Go get on your Jammie's and brush your teeth, please." instead of having to help him do it every night. I love when kids become more independent. It shows us we're doing something right as parents. LoL.

Saturday was the big Pinewood Derby race for Cub Scouts. Ryan didn't win, but he had a good time and that's what matters. Most of our pictures from the Derby didn't turn out because the camera was on the wrong setting. (Bret!)

Ashley's best friend, Danielle spent the night Friday night and most of the day on Saturday with us. They got to work decorating the buckets for one of our Rock The House games. It's so nice when you can outsource all of your work to your children! They're didn't finish them yet, but it will just give them another excuse to get together again next weekend.

If they are both in one piece by then, that is.


Yesterday morning the kids sat side by side, each with a laptop (one was my mom's - they cried when it and her left.) playing online together. It was so nice to see them getting along and enjoying each other's company.

This is exactly the look that I get on my face when I'm deep in concentration on something. Poor, Ashley. Ha.

After getting layers put in her hair yesterday, Ashley was excited to get up early this morning and shower so that we could do her hair before school. I think it turned out really cute. I've never seen someone so excited to go to school before.

My babies aren't babies anymore, are they?

2 comments:

Author said...

You have such a beautiful family! They look so well behaved too. I don't think I could get my two to sit still in a the same picture :-)

MamaFlo said...

Your daughter is your spitting imagine and your son a combination of you and your husband.
Beautiful Family Lynda!
I'll bet they are real proud of your accomplishment with quitting.
Keep going, you can stay quit!