Friday, December 14, 2007

Do I Dare?

Last night was the big neighborhood girls night out Christmas Party and I'm proud to say that I had no desire to go outside and smoke at all. It have now been a nonsmoker for 10 full days!
.
We gathered at Amy's house for food, drinks and our famous White Elephant Gift Exchange. What did I choose, you ask? You'll just have to keep reading.
.
Us girls.

Amy, our friend and hostess.

This is where things took a little turn towards the insane. If you are shocked easily, you may want to look away now.
.
Libby showing off her gift from Emily. Hippy Headband? Ponytail holder? Hmm. Too bad Gwen stole it when her turn came around.

Jennie was feeling pretty good.

Super Gwen! She's wearing the gift she opened last year.
Everyone got a huge kick out of my gift. I was going to be nice and give a cute Christmas decoration, but then I thought that if I did that than surely everyone would wonder what had happened to the real me. So I went for the laughs. I googled a phrase that would horrify my mother and mother-in-law, looking for a picture of pole dancers and photo shopped some of our faces into it. This is what I came up with. Not professional by any means, but I think that just makes it funnier. I then printed, framed it and wrapped it up. Emily was the lucky one to take it home, but she may not think it's so funny when she looks a bit closer at it and realizes I put her head on the pregnant body.
.
May I present to you - The Timberbrook Drunko Pole Dancers!


I may have to make a few more of these for kicks and giggles. I wonder if I'll still have any friends left after I hit the post button.

1 comment:

maggie said...

So, so much fun! Glad you had a great time and didn't miss smoking. That's awesome!