Thursday, June 28, 2007

The 21 Day Challenge Begins...

...yesterday

...today

...tomorrow. Our purple Complaint Free bracelets finally (crap, hold on while I change wrists again!) showed up yesterday in the mail. It's much harder than I thought. When I opened the mail box and saw them sitting there I got this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach and thought, "Oh, I did order those, didn't I?" and then "Oh, I am so not ready for this!"

I put one on, as did Ashley and her friend that was over for the day, and began my 21 day journey to a world with no complaining. I got caught 4 times in the first hour of wearing it, twice last night during an impromptu party with the neighbors and then starting catching myself mid conversations at T-Ball today. I don't think the darn thing (hold on - changing wrists again) has stayed on one wrist for more than a couple of hours at a time. And we won't talk about the period of time when I was cranky and stressed out this morning and ended up just taking it off for awhile.

The good news is that tomorrow I'm going to buckle down and get through my first day without complaining. I'm going to be a better, more patient mommy and count to ten before I respond to the next potty accident, sibling fighting, food spilled on the floor and constant whining and repeating of questions after being told no from child number 2. (Fine, that rant counts too, but it's the last time I'm changing wrists for the next 21 days.)

No comments: