Thursday, March 15, 2007

Complaint Free World

The 21 Day Challenge

As I'm sitting on the couch reading through People magazine (because I'm feeling too tired and lazy to put away the rest of the groceries I bought this morning) I came across this article about a church in Kansas City, MO and a movement they have started. It's called A Complaint Free World and you wear these purple bracelets (similar to the Live Strong ones). The challenge is to go 21 days without whining or complaining. Every time you whine or complain you have to switch the bracelet to the other wrist and start the 3 weeks over. I've ordered 20 of them since they are free and when they arrive, I'm going to hand them out to family and friends. I think it'll be fun to support each other and yet kind of funny catching each other breaking the rules and having to start over. What a great idea! It'll sure make us all realize just how often we complain and help us to become more aware of our thoughts and more enjoyable to be around. So check out the article and let me know if you want one.
Now if I could just find a bracelet that says "Patience With Your Kids" for the other wrist.

2 comments:

Teri said...

Man, I'll be wearing that thing all the time!!!! I'm not sure if I'll get through the 21 days.. When do you get them?? Does complaining to your self count? How about while you're at work? ---cuz, then that's not fair!!!

lynda w said...

When I ordered them it said anywhere between 2-5 weeks because they've had so many orders.

The rule is NO complaining or whining at all - ever. Not sure I'll even last 21 minutes. My problem will be when Bret and the kids get home everyday. That's my way of sharing my day...lol