Thursday, April 24, 2008

Unlucky


I may just happen to be the most unlucky person ever. Just over three weeks ago, I sprained my calf muscle, which forced me to discontinue going to the gym for awhile.

Then I sprained it again last week, when I wasn't thinking and tried to run to the the ambulance and my father in law's car the night my mother in law passed away. I felt it snap again that night, but ended up ignoring it and limping around until it started feeling better again.

So, that brings me to today. I tried to run again without thinking and then SNAP goes my calf. And can I just tell you that it hurts like a bleep bleep bleep?!

Moving on...

It took me awhile to unload pictures from my camera, but I thought I'd share a couple.

This is one of the angel statues that was removed from Sally's casket before her burial. One was given to each of her grandchildren since in essence, they were her angels. They sit on our mantle for now. Also you'll see two of the flowers that we saved from her casket spray.





Here we have Ashley and Ryan looking way older and more mature than they have the right to look on the morning on her funeral. Ryan was pretty proud of his tie and kept trying to swing it without using his hands.



Two days after Sally passed away, we had an earthquake that measured a magnitude 5.4 or something. We rarely have earthquakes here in the midwest so we ended up having a good laugh and determined that Sally must have just been given a list of all of our dirty laundry up there in heaven.

Well, I'm off to ice my calf again!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

maggie said...

I hope your calf is feeling better soon! Meanwhile, stop running ;) Very cute thought about the earthquake and one that makes as much sense as anything else considering the rarity of earthquakes out that way. Sending healing thoughts all around :)

Texasholly said...

So sorry about your mother-in-law. I hope that the ice will slow you down! Ugh. Things always happen at once. That earthquake thing is so weird.

MamaFlo said...

YOU need to slow down and take care of yourself!!
Give yourself a month to heal before you try to exercise more than walking (and that should be done sparingly for at least a few days).

Author said...

Awww, your poor ankle! If you don't take better care of it, you won't be able to use it for quite a while, and then you'll really be kicking yourself!

It was a 5.2 (they downgraded from the 5.4), and we got it too. It woke me up at 4:30 am... I jumped out of bed, yelled Earthquake! and ran for the kids. I guess I lived in California for too long. You'd be interested to know we've had more than 26 aftershocks since them, some of which I've felt while working on the 39th floor of my building!

I love the angel! So simple yet graceful.

Mz Diva said...

Your kids are so cute! I am sure this was a very maturing moment for them. If this is the first time they experienced a close death I am sure it is hard for them. I will never forget the first death I experienced. I was about nine or ten and my favorite cousion died in a motorcycle crash. I kept looking at him at the viewing and he looked NOTHING like he was supposed to look like. I still remember it to this day.
Peace to you and your family,
Diva