Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Life Saver


I'm ready. Bring on the babies. (Have I mentioned that I start watching Chloe next month and come January I'll have two infants during the day?) I just got back from my Child & Infant CPR class and am officially certified, so send those kids my way. I have to say that the new techniques are so much easier than the ones I learned a couple of years ago. I actually am pretty confident that I could do it this time around. Hopefully that will never happen, but as I learned 3 years ago this October, anything can happen. As in your 3 year old son coming out from your bedroom choking and not able to breathe becuase he had a ring that your ex-boyfriend had given you (way back in the day) lodged in his throat. Scary. Terrifying. We had called 9-1-1 and I did abdominal thrusts on him until the ring came up. A mother's worst nightmare comes true when she sees her son turning blue and not able to breathe. Thankfully(!), Ryan is still here and the ring got a proper burial in the kitchen trash can when we returned home from the emergency room. He still remembers his ride in the ambulence to this day. Maybe that's what started his love of dressing up like a fireman.

No comments: