Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Mother's Heartache


Are you ready for a sappy post? Half of the school day has gone by and I miss my kids so much. I just got a call from Ryan's teacher and she said he's having a really rough time today. Today is his first full day of school and she said that he had a good morning, but broke down at lunch time. He misses me and I miss him right back. It's been really hard today. I keep looking at the clock and counting down until they walk through the door. I thought I'd enjoy this time by myself over the next two months, but right now I'd give anything to hear my kids whining or fighting about something. I've been home with Ryan for the past six years and him being gone all day is taking it all out of me. Everyone keeps telling me to just wait until they leave for college. I can't even think about that. I'll probably have to be commited when that happens. I've tried to keep myself busy today - cleaning the house from top to bottom - but that phone call undid me. My mom said that I cried everday for two weeks when I started school. Guess he gets it from me. All of this makes me second guess our decision to send him all day, even though I know it is the best thing for him. Two weeks from now after we've all adjusted, I'll probably reread this post and think I'm crazy. But until then, I'll be counting down the days until Chrismas break. And once Christmas break starts I'll probably be counting down the days until they go back. How in the world did the years fly by so fast?!

No comments: