Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Empty Nest

Today was the first day of school for the kids. Ashley is in 5th grade now and Ryan is starting kindergarten. It went pretty well until the bus arrived. Ryan started getting teary eyed, which lead to my own undoing. I held it back until he was on the bus and driving away and then the waterworks started. My only saving grace was that Ashley was with him on the bus to comfort him. Where did the last 6 years go? Is it really possible for time to fly so quickly? At least I had an extra year with him since we held him back a year. But, oh my gosh - my baby!!! I just have to tell myself that it was just as hard when Ashley went to school and we all got through it. I'm just not as ready as I thought I was for them to grow up so fast.

Waiting for the bus.

On the bus - leaving me!!!

On their way.

No comments: