Monday, June 09, 2008

Scorecard: Legos - 3, Me - 0

I've got a new project here at home. After breaking it to my mom that she is losing her "bedroom" downstairs to her Grandson's Legos, I've decided to redo both kids' bedrooms.

Ryan has had this bad habit of climbing into bed with us at night and you would think the three of us would fit in a king size bed, but no, we don't thanks to a certain 7 year old that seems to think he requires 2/3 of said king size bed.

You'd also think that we'd come to our senses and put him back in his own bed, but no, we don't thanks to a total lack of any functional brain cells at 3am. Instead I end up in his little twin size bed because it's easier than trying to get my husband to carry the kid back to his bed.

So my solution? Give me a bigger bed to escape to the kid the bigger bed (Ashley already has a bigger bed) from the bedroom downstairs and move the nightmare Lego mess to it's own room downstairs. My mom can take one of the kids' beds when she visits and we'll just move whatever kid is left me downstairs to the twin bed.

I did manage to find new bedding for both kids today. As soon as I get cracking I'll take before and after pictures. It's going to take awhile since painting is going to be called for and time is already at a minimum. I must have a screw lose in my brain to be adding more to the month of June, however the Lego situation has been driving me to the brink of insanity!

And hey! Guess who passed the six month mark of nonsmoking and didn't even realize it until she looked at the ticker to the left?

3 comments:

maggie said...

Wow, 6 months already!! Many congrats - that is a big milestone. Even better that it flew by almost unnoticed because that is a good thing.

MamaFlo said...

HUGE Milestone, HUGE!! Congratulations Lynda!!!

When you're finished painting there, I'll send you a plane ticket to come to my house and paint.....have never been able to do it without leaving streaks.

Congratulations again my friend!

lynda w said...

I'm not so good at avoiding streaks, either. I have found that better paint doesn't streak. I used Ralph Lauren paint on my bedroom walls and it's the only room in my house that doesn't have streaks.