Saturday, June 07, 2008

Chief's Game

While Ashley and I stayed in and rented a movie (don't bother) last night, Bret and Ryan took in a Peoria Chief's game. Ryan was really excited because he got there in time to win a Derek Lee Bobble Head. He must have played hard, because he was exhausted when he got home. However, the day must have been harder on me because I was in bed before all of them last night.


This morning I was up early and out the door before everyone else was awake. I thought I had a hair appointment for 9am, but realized it wasn't until noon so I spent the morning shopping and treated myself to lunch out at Panera Bread. I've never sat and eaten lunch by myself before, but it was oddly calming and relaxing.

By noon I was back for my appointment with Shawn and got the works done. It had been a year since I had last gotten highlights and I was much over do for a cut. My last haircut had been at one of those cheap places and I've found that it's usually either a hit or miss experience - my last one being a total miss.

So now I'm ready for summer and can tuck my awful ponytail holders into the back of my bathroom drawer.

3 comments:

MamaFlo said...

Good for you! Every woman (especially those that give so tirelessly to their family) deserve to treat themselves to a day of feeling pretty and pampered.

maggie said...

Yay, you, and look how cute you are looking! I got really lucky at my last cheapo haircut place, but you are so right that you never know what you will get. Glad you got to enjoy some shopping and lunch, too.

Mz Diva said...

Lynda,
Your hair looks GREAT! I have a person that I see regularly so I do not go to various salons hoping for the best. My hairdresser is fantastic and charges reasonable fees. She is the mom of one of my former students so she gives me a great discount. Hope your having a great summer.
Peace,
Diva