Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Take ME Away

Remember those old calgon commercials they use to show on TV where the mom is having a bad day and she says, "Calgon, take me away"? I use to be scared of those commercials when I was a kid, thinking that "Calgon" was going to take the mom away and the kids would never see her again. I was always everwatchful for the feared calgon bottle in our bathroom - ready to dispose of it should it appear.

My kids have only been home from school for less than two hours and I have two kids fighting - one laying on the basement stairs crying and now a flute and a trumpet being practiced in the basement. All this after having a somewhat rough afternoon with a baby who didn't really want to sleep or eat.

So now I have to ask . . .

Calgon, can you take ME away?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lynda:

I felt the same way when I was doing disability. It only took 5 1/2 years for it to go away, well sort of. Hope yours doesn't take that long. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your Mom and family.

lynda w said...

They're already fighting over which movies to watch in the van. You sure you're ready for them? LoL.