Sunday, November 12, 2006

Never Saw It Coming

So I had plans last night to go out with Teri for my birthday and got the mother of all surprises. First she took me to Kohls to pick out a birthday present and then we headed on over to Alexander's Steakhouse for a yummy dinner. As we turn the corner, I see a table full of my friends and my mom yelling, "Surprise!" They managed to keep a secret from me - all of them! I can't believe it. Even my mother didn't spill the beans. I have Teri to thank for all of this. She was the one who has been planning this for over a month now. I never even thought that there would be any kind of surprise party - not a single one of them have acted any different than they normally do this past month. I am so blessed to have friends that care about me so much.
Here's me, coming around the corner, totally surprised!

Teri & Scott.

Tom & Cat (baby Chloe's mommy and daddy).

Me & my mom. She's never kept a secret before in her life! I had no idea she was coming.

Jon & Em.

Kelly & Dan (baby Cecelia's mommy and daddy).

Bret & I. He kept it under raps the whole time. I even believed that he was dropping the kids off at his parent's house so that he and Scott could go catch a movie.

Isn't it great to have such wonderful friends? Thanks, guys!!!

More pictures over on Flickr.

1 comment:

State of Confusion (Steve #2) said...

Happy Birthday!

It sounds like you had a great time.