Saturday, October 14, 2006

Halloween Headache

So, do you remember when Ryan said he wanted to be a doctor for Halloween? Well, I ran out and bought the materials to make him a lab coat and I forgot about two things that I have trouble with. Collars and button holes. So after spending hours of my time trying to make this coat, I've finally called it quits. The collar looks horrible and the pockets are uneven. We won't even talk about what happened when I tried to make the button holes. So after about 5 hours of working on this thing, Bret comes home with a cheap skeleton mask from Big Lots and Ryan decides that he's now going to be a skeleton. Figures.


I have, however, had other costumes turn out successfully in the past.

Like the year Ryan went as a Chicago Cub's baseball. He wore this with a navy blue sweatsuit underneath it.

And the best thing I've ever made of all time. Ashley's Medeival Maiden costume.

I have pictures of the kids in them, but that was back before we joined the digital camera world. Not bad for teaching myself how to sew a few years ago, right? (That would be just one of my famous hobbies that typically lasts about three months before I move on to another one - but that's a whole different post.)

No comments: