Sunday, July 23, 2006

Parental Tricks

There's no mistaking that these kids are mine. Sunday is my housecleaning day and Ryan desperately wanted to help me clean. So what would any smart mommy say to that? I say, "You know what would help me the most? If you clean your own room!" And Ryan says, "Okay, Mommy!" Works everytime. Ha!



My daughter had a much less excited reponse. It went a bit like, "Awww, Mom! Do I have to?" But once she was done, she was pretty proud of herself. And she cleaned it like a pro. Maybe it's time to introduce her to toilets and floors...lol.


And then there's the picture of Ashley and her rodent pet that I promised to post so she can show the thing off. (Is that thing actually still around?!) I'm not sure what the big deal is with this thing, but Bret and the kids seem to really like it so I'll try to put up with it (or at least pretend to), which isn't easy because the hamster has beady little eyes and rodent like feet. Eeeeek. I'm getting the heebie jeebies just knowing she's across the room from me with the thing.

Then we have the payoff. Bret came home with goodies for the kids from the Air Show today; one of them being a helicopter that flies around Ryan's room connected from the ceiling. The kids thought it was the most awesome thing they've ever seen.

No comments: