Sunday, January 14, 2007

Don't Try This At Home Kids

Anyone who knows Ryan very well will easily understand and be able to imagine what is coming next. Last Thursday at school, the kids had an assembly where a magician talked about self esteem and performed magic tricks while talking to keep the kids' attention. This morning Ryan went through half a box a kleenex, stuffing one in his mouth and then pulling it out and looking at it in disgust. Over and over again he kept doing this until finally he starting beating the s*#% out of the wads of kleenex on the floor. When I couldn't keep quiet any longer, I asked him what the heck he was doing and why was he so upset? He paused from his abusing stomps towards the kleenex and told me that "It's not working! I hate kleenex!" Trying not to laugh, I asked him what he was expecting from the kleenex and he told me he was mad because it wasn't coming out of his mouth different colors like it did with the man from the assembly. So much for "not trying this at home kids!" Very typical Ryan.

No comments: