Sunday, September 23, 2007

Wake Up Call

Next weekend a friend of Bret's is getting hitched. We're invited and let me just say that being a stay at home mom for the past 7 years does not leave you with much of a wardrobe for attending weddings. My mom was in town visiting this weekend and I dragged her and myself to every single store in Peoria today - twice - looking for something to wear to this wedding.

I've come to the conclusion that I hate shopping for myself when it comes to looking for something in particular. I love going out and buying stuff for the house or clothes for the kids when the season changes and they've outgrown the previous year's clothes. I have no problem with that. But when it comes to myself, I'm my own worst critic and hate the way everything looks on me. It of course has absolutely nothing to do with the 15 pounds that I've put back on since this time last year. Right.

So, I'm getting back on the diet bandwagon. I'm going to lose that 15 pounds and more. Just as soon as I finish this bowl of ice cream that's in front of me.

No comments: