Thursday, August 09, 2007

Yeah, Because We Didn't See That One Coming

A couple of months ago, Teri got her self sucked back into the PTO at our kids' school as the Vice President. Along with this comes the responsibility of chairing the biggest fundraiser that the school puts on - the school carnival. Being the nice person that she is, she couldn't find it in her to say no.

I've been there. Secretary. Scrip Sales Chair. Girl Scout Leader. Girl Scout Service Unit Manager. Fall Fundraiser Sales Chair. I've done my time, right? Well, guess who's bailing Teri's butt out? (Holds breath.) Me. Did you get that? Let me say it again. Me. (Let's out breath.) She's been trying to find someone to co-chair with her since she signed up for it but hasn't had any luck, until now. She used the 'ol, "I'd do it for you" bit on me. Like the sucker that I am, I agreed. Then I started thinking about the fact that I'd get to be a part of something that benefits our children in such a big way. This fundraiser averages a $14 thousand dollar profit each year that buys the students and teachers things that they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford. And not to toot my own horn, but I am a whiz when it comes to organization and computer work. I'm getting excited about it now. We'll have a lot of fun together doing this, but first I need to go organize her freaking binder because it's making the hair on my arms stand on end with how messy and disorganized it is. Then we can get started.

Yep, I'm a sucker.

1 comment:

lynda w said...

At least we're finally all organized. Now maybe I'll be able to sleep tonight. Disorganization throws my brain and sleep schedule off.