Monday, November 10, 2008

World's Favorite Mom Today


I am now one very favorite mother to one very happy 12 (almost 13) year old daughter right now.


Three weeks ago when we were up at my mom's visiting, my brother gave my daughter his friend's EnV texting phone because he had gone with another carrier and no longer needed it. Because he went with a new carrier, Ashley had to wait a certain amount of time before we could activate the phone. It's been killing her, to say the least.


Every weekend we've tried to activate it, just in case the phone was released from it's old number early. We forgot this past weekend, so I just tried it without telling her a little bit ago. It activated this time, so I brought it to her and the surprise on her face was worth more a million bucks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So exciting! She's already texted me a couple of times!

Author said...

Hey! I finally caught up reading everyting that I've missed recently. Thanks for your Facebook post asking how I was. I *finally* posted another blog.

So, commenting on stuff I missed... Running is something I've seriously considered doing, although I won't be able to start a regimine right now. I do have sites & links and resources for training sites. My goal is, in the year after I have the baby, to first run a 3K and then a half marathon, and then six months later or so, a full marathon. I have a long way to go, though, seeing as how I can only run for 2 minutes at a time!

Camping -- I have no problem with bare bones camping, but beer is a must have for any type of camping!

Ryan -- I am so very happy to hear he's improving so much! As you know, I have many issues with my older daughter, and she, too has been improving. It's such a wonderful feeling to know that we can make a difference with our children if we work hard enough!

Rock The House -- Good luck! I remember last year's drama ... I hope it's much improved and less stressful this time around.

Weight Loss -- AWESOME and CONGRATS! Keep it up!

Grandview Drive -- Gorgeous pics! I wanna see a pic of the castle.

MamaFlo said...

Don't you love it when something so simple does such mind boggling stuff to a teen?
I'm so glad those days are past me with my kids, they were great then but my spirit just couldn't do it again.

Congrats Ashley!