Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer Review

We got the deck put back together and then grilled up some chicken and ate out back tonight. It was nice to finally have a night that didn't include ball games or some other planned activity and super duper calorie and fat drenched carry out. We have been so busy that I've hardly had time to keep up with anything else. The house is a mess and the laundry is backed up, but it just didn't matter tonight.

I do feel like I've been able to accomplish a lot so far this summer. The kids haven't had a chance to say that they're bored due to swim lessons, baseball/softball/volleyball camps and weekly planned fun days at the movies, pool or mini golf course. Our nights have been filled with watching (or for Bret, coaching) the kids' softball/baseball games. I completely redid Ryan's room and will soon redo Ashley's room. Bret, Ashley and I stained the deck and purchased some new patio furniture. In a little more than a week, we take off for the sunny Gulf side of Florida and next month we'll be spending our annual weekend at Grand Bear Lodge with Bret's brother's family. Then school starts. Can we order up a few more weeks before they have to go back? Pretty please?



Honey, those feet and ankles really need to spend some time at the beach.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Author said...

Summer ends too quickly, doesn't it? Glad you had a productive summer and actually did stuff with it.

By the way, I copied your copied meme idea for the Ipod songs. But I linked ya. Thanks again for sharing that!

Anonymous said...

The deck and patio furniture look so good. And bbq chicken, yum!

Jon and Em said...

makes me sad to see my old house:-(

Mz Diva said...

Your deck and bbq area are making me ready for a BBQ! I will be leaving for another week and then will be back and ready to eat and
P-A-R-T-Y! Sounds like you are getting a lot done!
Peace,
Diva

maggie said...

I *love* your deck. Perfect for summer fun. I also *love* your attitude about hanging with your kids during the summer. Too often I run across the opposite, and it always kind of saddens me because summer is magic, and there are are only so many before the kids are grown and the magic becomes less so. You are good people.

MamaFlo said...

Your summer sounds wonderful but you've said very little about yourself and your wrists.
It's so nice to hear a Mom want her kids to have a longer summer break than those screaming "take them back.....please"

lynda w said...

I'm dreading school starting back up again. I'm not ready for homework, dusk at 6pm and early mornings. I love seeing them stress free and having so much fun!

lynda w said...

MamaFlo - My wrist is doing a lot better. I ended up cancelling my nerve conduction test for now. It does start to hurt if I do too much (i.e. staining decks and carrying heavy furniture), but I just can't see going through all that if it's not hurting as bad anymore. If it gets worse again, I'll reschedule the test. Thanks for asking how I was doing. :-)