Thursday, July 17, 2008

Just One Day

It's not been a great day over here today. I've been attacked by Japanese Beetles that didn't want me to cut back their food source in the landscaping this morning. I've got two kids that don't understand that not every day is a party. Some days are just simply not always going to be fun. Yes, mom does need to actually do some laundry and clean the house if we're going to go on vacation in a few days. Heaven forbid should we get back and find a not so pleasant smell coming from the garbage can or refrigerator. And by the way, the bird's cage needs to be cleaned out as well. Any one up for that pleasant job?

I love being home with my kids this summer and it's been a blast, but I really just need one day by myself so I can get stuff done without being interrupted. Either that or a cleaning lady.

Update: My friend must have sensed from two blocks over that I was majorly stressing today. She asked if Ryan would like to come over and play with her son tomorrow after lunch while I get things done before our trip. Libby, you are the best!

4 comments:

Author said...

I vote for the cleaning lady! But then I'd most likely try to clean for the cleaning lady, so it'd wouldn't help that much.

You're such a great mom ... you manage to make you kids feel like their summer vacation is a party, instead of "putting up" with them until school starts back. But everyone still needs time to themselves!

Mz Diva said...

Its funny how things "come to us" when they are most needed. You needed a break and your friend volunteered! How cool is that! I think its great that you are building great memories for your kids...they grow up way too fast. Have a great vacation!
Peace,
Diva

MamaFlo said...

Just keep the caveat of vacation planted firmly in front of you and keep moving, you'll be at the coast before you know it.
I hope you aren't affected by the tropical stuff in the Caribbean and gulf.

lynda w said...

Brandie - I'd have to clean for the cleaning lady, too. I wouldn't want her to think I'm a slob! Ha.

Diva - After we took our first long family vacation last summer, we knew that this was something we needed to do for our family every year. Just to be able to give them something to look forward to and then having some real family time means the world to us.
You're right - they do grow up way too fast. We've got to do this while we can!

MamaFlo - I've been watching the weather in St. Petersburg for a week or so now and the forecast seems promising. We know that it's Florida and that it WILL most likely rain, but that it moves out as fast as it moves in. Hurricane Bertha better keep away because this is OUR vacation - not hers! LoL.