Monday, March 12, 2007

A Perfect Day

Finally! Some warm weather! Today was a true sign of spring being right around the corner. With almost 70 degree temperatures and the warmth of the sun, the babies and I hung out on Emily's driveway on a blanket watching all of the neighborhood kids that weren't in school play. I did feel a bit guilty since Ryan and Ashley would surely be upset that I was outside enjoying a beautiful day while they were stuck in school. (Not too guilty, though...ha.)

It's funny how you don't tend to see many of your neighbor's during the long and cold months of winter, and then all of a sudden it warms up outside and you realize that everyone's kids have grown a few inches taller and look a lot older. It was nice to sit and catch up with friends that we don't see everyday.

Spring break is quickly approaching and I'm hoping the weather will be as nice as it was during last year's break. Last year the kids and I were outside from the time we had finished eating breakfast until it was time to come in for bath time. By the end of the first day, Emily and I had sunburns - in March! We couldn't have asked for better weather.

Here's to hoping that tomorrow will be just as great as today was.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Ok, I updated my blog!! =-)