Saturday, March 03, 2007

Ashley's New Gig

Last night was Ashley's very first babysitting gig. While my friend Emily and her husband took Ryan and their son to a basketball game, Ashley stayed behind and watched their two young daughters. I think I was more nervous than Ash. I called at one point and asked if she needed help getting the two girls to bed and she told me she could handle it. I kept looking out our kitchen window through the backyard at Em's house to make sure everything looked okay. She did such a great job!!! When she came home she was all smiles and so apparently proud of herself. I knew she'd be great since she's had a lot of practice with helping me out with the babies here at home. She says she's ready for her next gig - only mom won't let her go further than a neighbor's house since she's only eleven.

Up next is Ashley's family birthday party this afternoon. I've got something very funny (Ash might think cruel) up my sleeve. I can't wait so stay tuned...

No comments: