Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Here We Go Again

Is anyone else over this winter stuff just as much as I am? The kids were off of school today due to the snow that's been falling and blowing all over the place. How much has fallen? I don't know - too much! (My guess would be 6-8 inches, but it's hard to tell since it's blowing everywhere.)

Like an idiot, I kept my 9am appointment this morning at the car dealership because I was desperate to get my CD player to stop eating CD's and figured the Service Vehicle Soon message that kept showing up probably wasn't a good thing. The kids went over to Teri's today while I delt with that. Supposedly a few updated downloads later, the SVS message was taken care of and the monster spat my CD back out. We'll see about that - I'm not convinced. The drive home wasn't too bad but it was quickly getting worse outside.

Then Ashley decides she wants to go down the street to her friend's house to play, so being the nice mom that I am, I drove her. Despite Bret's advice that I not attempt to drive anywhere, I, the stubborn person that I can be, drove her down there and got stuck in the middle of the cul-de-sac right in front of her friend's house and had to be shoveled and pushed out. (While my daughter was wearing my boots because she left hers at school.)

My toes haven't warmed up yet, but we're now getting ready to head out to Bret's parent's house for my niece's birthday. And no, I am NOT crazy and going to go out there and drive in that again. Bret's brother is picking us up in his 4 wheel drive truck. So, if we get stuck - he can be the crazy one.

I guess it could be worse, like this! Whew.

1 comment:

lynda w said...

Aaawwww, my cute little red car. Those were the days. I also remember when you slipped on the ice on the porch (?) and broke your ankle, which was the demise for Dave and I having our laundry done for us. Guess who wiped out getting out of the truck in her own driveway tonight? Yep, I've got to go change out of my snow covered wet pants now.

I'm so very jealous and Grandma and her tan!