Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Today is probably the day the kids look forward to at school the most (aside from the last day of the year, of course). All of them at Ryan's school got to put their costumes on and parade around the gym for all of their parents to see.
We had quite the drama here at home this morning before the bus even came, though. I had found a complete Chicago Bear's uniform that came with the football pants, helmet and jersey. The jersey wasn't very impressive, but I figured we already had a real one that he could wear instead. Well, guess who decided to be bullheaded before school this morning! Ryan insisted that he had to wear the one that came with the helmet and pants. I was horrified. I immediately started getting stressed out about how our pictures would end up looking and went back and forth with him, trying to get him to change his mind. He wouldn't budge. I guess I'm not the only stubborn one in this family. So I did what any normal sane person would do. I told him that he could wear the one he wanted to school, but that he WAS GOING TO WEAR THE REAL ONE FOR PICTURES AND TRICK OR TREATING, dam*#t! He wasn't thrilled, but agreed - probably because he had gotten tired of arguing with me.
So here he is in the gym at school, sitting next to his friend Mitchell - who is dressed as a Packer's player. I'm sensing this friendship could be doomed in the future.


And then there's Chloe who was thrilled to be there. She couldn't take it all in fast enough. She wanted the camera pretty badly, but I wasn't going there after I gave her my car keys to play with this morning at CVS and she set my car alarm off. I'm still not sure how I got it turned off. Ironically, she's dressing up as a devil this evening. Fitting, is it not? LoL.
After the parade, it was on to his classroom party for snacks, games and crafts.


You'll never guess in a million years what Ashley and her friend, Danielle are dressing up as. It's a pretty funny sight. (Can you believe I've kept it a secret this long?) (Yes, I know that some of you already know, but don't ruin it for everyone else in the comments section.) More later...


No comments: