Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Fever

There's just something about the first spring like day in March to set of a chain reaction. That day for us just happened to fall on a 4 day weekend. This kids are off of school today and tomorrow and the weather passed the 70 degree mark. Kids up and down the block were out playing with their friends. Families were out taking walks with the family dog and the sunset was toasted with a beer (or two) out on the back deck. The first glorious spring like day of many more to come!

Tomorrow is suppose to be even nicer and I can't wait to leave the messy house and the piles of laundry behind to spend another day outside. But along with this prelude to spring, comes the big question that has been on my mind since the weather began warming up: Where will we take the family on vacation this summer?

Every time this year I start hounding my husband about what we'll do this summer in regards to vacation. The kids want to go back to Florida. I vote Disney, but the savings account says not this year. I think we may have narrowed it down to driving to Gulf Shores, AL or flying back to St. Pete's Beach (as we did last summer) and keeping it low key and relaxing. Either choice is a win, in my opinion.

Spring and summer sports are also getting ready to promise busy nights to come. Ashley starts rec league volleyball at the end of this month. Summer softball practices start next weekend and Ryan has already been out practicing his batting and catching skills. He even got back on his bike today which required me to run about 50 laps around the cul-de-sac. It seemed like he had completely forgotten how to balance and then BAM - he remembered. Whew!

Yep, busy is getting ready to make it's return. Can you blame me for thinking vacation?

No comments: